We spent Christmas this year at home in Alabama! We were lucky enough to have my parents come spend almost two weeks with us (I don't think they have spent a Christmas away from their home since my siblings and I lived in Utah before we were all married). We didn't have much planned as far as going out and doing stuff, but I did plan a few things. On the list of things to do first was of course a trip to Costco because it's in Montgomery, and that is about a 40 min. drive from our house. I usually go to Sam's Club, which I don't like as much because they don't have my chocolate covered almonds and Kirkland wet wipes. Since we were in Montgomery we also went to Texas Road House for dinner (our family's favorite place to eat). We also went to the Calloway Garden's Christmas Fantasy Lights in Georgia. You take a drive in your car through a path of tree's light up and lots of other fun Christmas light stuff. We loved it, it was beautiful! Justin, Andrew, Dad and I went golfing while Mom stayed home with Hawley, Audrey and Holden. Thank you for babysitting mom! For Christmas Eve we had a progressive dinner with some friends. We had appetizers at the Brown's house, had dinner at our house and had dessert at the Morgan's house. We had a great time acting out the story of baby Jesus just before dessert. After all that fun we went home opened our pj presents, Justin read a Christmas story, left food for Santa and sent the kids to bed so we could wrap presents. Mom and Dad stayed up with us till 1:30am and were a huge help! For some reason we always wait till Christmas Eve to do any wrapping, we need to be better this year and start much earlier. Christmas day came and the kids got up about 7am opened their stockings and then I made some bubble bread. While the kids were opening their other gifts I let the bread rise too much and it spilled over onto my newly cleaned oven. It was still yummy! Christmas day was a laid back day full of new toys. The most perfect end to Christmas day was snow. The kids went out to play. Hawley made a little snowman, Audrey and Grandpa made a bigger snowman and Andrew played football in the snow with his friends. The rest of our time with my parents was spent shopping, eating, playing games, chopping wood, making a fort in the backyard and putting puzzles together (we did 10). We are so grateful for the chance we had to spend time with them this time of year and to share our loud family and traditions with them.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
i LOVE that you updated your blog! I always wonder when you will! looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas season! see you in a few weeks!!
Great pictures and sounds like a great Christmas!
Glad your Christmas was fun! I love your family photo! HOpefully we'll get to see you this summer!
Post a Comment