Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break/St. Patrick's Day

Our Spring break was last week and we were planning on going camping. We were all so excited but Justin ended up having to go to New Zealand to do some reconnaissance work/help out in Christchurch, where the earthquake was several weeks ago. St. Patrick's Day also fell on our Spring break and Hawley had a day full of Irish dance performances.  It was actually good to have Justin gone during our Spring break instead of during a "normal" school week because we were able to sleep in and go to bed late.......less stressful for me! We ended up having a great week and filled it playing with friends and having sleep overs.

OUT OF THE BLUE: Holden said "Andrew" four time last week! He does not talk except for Ma Ma and Uh-oh.  I keep worrying about his not talking and know that it is typical of a 4th child and I am constantly told not worry about it, but still it worries me. So when he said Andrew four times very clear the other night it makes me wonder if he is just playing with us. When ever I try to teach him new words or repeat them over and over or have him try to say something when he wants it, he just laughs at me and gives me a look like I am crazy for tying to get him to talk. I love this kid!

Back to Spring break: A couple weeks ago Hawley danced at half time for the Columbus Cottonmouths (the local hockey team). It was so exciting. I took a bunch of pictures before of them watching the hockey players practice before the game and then I went to record them dancing and my battery went out after about 3 seconds. What are the odds of that happening?! It didn't even cross my mind to charge them because I had just charged them for my photography class earlier that week. I guess I had the camera on too long during class. Well I made up for it on St. Patrick's Day. Hawley danced at two nursing homes, two Irish Pubs and the movie theater. I got all of them......I think I went a little overboard with it. Oh-Well! I have posted a only a few of them here. I won't make you watch them all ;-) Enjoy!



 

 








3 comments:

Amy said...

so cute! I love your kids, and cannot wait to be (almost) back in the same state as them... we'll settle for stake!!! talk to you soon!

t-76 days!!

Emily said...

the dancing is AWESOME!! love it!

Robda Craw said...

Ginger, I just saw Hawley's dancing; don't know why I missed the videos. LOVED them!!
from Mom