Alabama is our new home. We moved here in December and moved into our new home in April. We can now call it "Sweet Home Alabama". We miss our families very much and for some reason feel even farther away then when we lived in VA or NY. Not sure why, but we do. We have made lots of new friends and love our new ward. Justin is in EQ and I teach the Sunbeams and am the Activity Days leader. These callings are perfect for us right now with me expecting a baby and Justin starting a new job.
Andrew and Hawley love it here. They miss their friends from VA, but have made new ones here. Their new school welcomed them with open arms and Andrew and Hawley fit in perfectly. This summer they have started Taekwondo and love it. They can choose to go up to five days a week and I thought maybe they would want to go just a couple, but they go five days a week. They love spending time swimming in our neighborhood pool and we go just about everyday (we stay home when I'm sewing with my friend). Andrew went to Cub Scout Camp and loved it and Hawley went to a science camp and didn't want to come home after it. Audrey is just following us around, she is such a trooper. She goes on many rides in the car to take Andrew and Hawley to various activities. She doesn't have a normal nap schedule anymore and I can't wait till it is just her and I (and the baby) again when the other two go back to school. Audrey has loved going to the pool. At first she didn't like going in and now it is hard to get her out. She is saying lots of new words and figuring out how to do new things everyday. Andrew and Hawley are very good big siblings and include her in alot of things they do at home.
Our summer is almost over, since the kids start school on August 10. We have one last trip to take to the beach and we are looking forward to having a lot of fun there!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I'm so glad you have a blog - We were able to write every day when we were in England but now we're back in the states I've sorely lacked in keeping up with it. I'll look forward to reading and seeing pictures!
I love blogs--I hope you are committed!
Yay! Joe and I seriously keep trying to figure out how we can get out there!
Hi Ginger! Glad you finally decided to join the blogging community (saw it on FB). Congrats on expecting a new one...we had a girl in May...do you know what you are having?
I am so excited you guys finally have a blog, and my kids ar so excited your kids started taekwondo and want to know what belt they are... Keep us updated, we think of you guys often... (also... i lost your address and only have your old address and have a package all ready to go and few enough kids that i can put everyone in a car and go...) (also, is there still room at beachy keen? we keep forgetting to take care of that...)
Yea! Ginger! I can't wait to read about you and your family. I'm totally addicted to blogging and reading them. I love how you adjust to where ever you live. I like to think I'd be the same way, but sometimes I wonder.
Post a Comment